AHHH RUN AWAY!
but not really. We have a barely 2 car garage. Like it fits 2 sedans. Don’t think about getting more than one car in there if you have an SUV. We, also, have a ton of equipment from Hubs businesses. Organization and maximizing space is a must. Here are a few things we did.
- Put stuff in the crawl space if you can. I put most of our backyard gardening stuff in there.
- Hang what you can! We used this for the ladder, this for bikes, and this to hang what we could.
- Shelving. We have 2 kinds. Narrower wire shelves and these wider ones. We probably have 10+ of the wire ones in various configurations between the attic, garage, office, storage unit, closets, etc. Some even have bin! I love that all of these have adjustable shelves so you can fit tall or short things.
- Contain. I used what we had on hand but I had some drawers like these for cables (we have SO many!) and I used reusable zip ties to keep as many wrapped up as possible. Velcro straps also work well! Big bins are nice too. I like clear so you can see what’s in them.
- I am thinking about making some “parking spaces” with tape on the floor for the few toys we can’t hang.
- I avoided garage ceiling storage because we need access to stuff easily and frequently. BUT I love the idea for seasonal stuff. We just don’t have much of that yet. And I highly recommend labeling the BOTTOM of the bins
What ever you do, make sure it works for you and your family! If it’s not sustainable, then something needs to change.