We did this cut and paste. It was a success. G is getting really quick with matching beginning sounds. I did help her out some by dividing the pictures up by page. She tends to get overwhelmed still when she has to match all of them at once.
also, we haven’t talked about long vs short vowels much, if at all. This was a great opportunity to introduce that idea.
The only picture been had a hard time with was the long U. But if I had printed in color, that might have helped. Instead, we talked about process of elimination. And we were wrong. Whoops. We thought it was g for guitar and u was some animal I didn’t know. But nope! U was ukulele and g was goat. Whoops. Oh well.